- Cow shed (left), biogas system (right)
- The biogas cycle produces methane gas from cow dung.
- Some of the local bovine gang
- Please click on "Donate" in the green header
- Biogas pit
- Lots and lots of cows are needed to keep the fuel flowing.
- More of the biogas components
Cows? Check! Concrete pit? Check! Cow dung = methane = bio-gas?
We now have a functioning Biogas system that turns cow manure into gas that is used for cooking. The Elma Barnett Children's Centre and Elma High School strive to be energy independent and sustainable such as our use of Solar. A donation toward this project will provide funds to help sustain production by providing food and shelter for the cows who will provide the fuel. The nutritious milk supplied by the cows has been served to the children at meals and at tea time (Kenyan chai) for the last few years.